Why?

The reason for this blog is to keep track of my ideas I have in the shower, since my dry erase board fell and all the markings were washed away in the tub.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Homeless Plea

I know you can see me here today,
I hope I will still be here tomorrow.
If I had a front door, I would invite you in
and I would offer you anything I could.
We would sit and talk enjoying the warmth
of each other's company and the heated room.
See me for what I am,
Poor and hungry,
Bedless and Freezing.
Why don't you see me?! Are you ashamed,
or afraid to see outside your sheltered lives?
A couple quarters means nothing to you after
you bought those two hundred dollar shoes.
Please, just a couple more dollars
and I get to eat today. Just a couple
more dollars and the pain goes
away. Just a couple more
dollars and I can
live to see another
beautiful day.

No comments: